Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Reading Diary B: Brothers Grimm (Ashliman)


Reading Diary B: Brothers Grimm (Ashliman)

The Fox and the Cat: I remember reading this story or at least a similar story about a fox using many different tricks to try and get away, but in the end failing.  I believe the other version of this story was better written, though.  With more details and everything.  

Simeli Mountain: I really liked this story.  I think it’s awesome that the poor brother, when he got rich, he gave to the poor and lived happily.  Also, he wasn’t extremely greedy and didn’t take all of the riches from the mountain.  I think it’s really awesome as well that the story had a semi-happy ending.  The rich, greedy brother ended up dying, which I think is fitting for a fairy tale.

The Duration of Life: This is probably one of my favorite short stories now.  Wow.  That’s kind of sad that the animals wanted a shorter life.  But it makes sense! I was definitely a fan of this story.


(illustration by Otto Ubbelohde)

The Peasant and the Devil: A peasant got the best of the devil? danggggg.  How is the Devil not smart enough to realize that different plants grow above and below the earth? That’s a little ridiculous.  But then again, I’ve always pictured the devil being more intelligent than that. Good for the peasant, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment