Thursday, April 23, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Hans Christian Anderson

Extra Reading Diary:  Hans Christian Andersen


If I’ve learned anything from this story, it’s that I’m definitely not a princess.  I sleep WAY too hard for that! Also, I doubt that this is a true story.  There’s no way anyone would be able to feel a pea.  They might as well feel the dust mites that live in mattresses! Also also, why is being that sensitive so important? Why is that seen as princess-like? It’ s an interesting concept.

(illustration by Dulac)



It’s interesting how some people want to hold all the power in the world.  I suppose I can’t relate, so the thought seems so repulsive to me.
This was such a weird story! I like it. Defeated by a gnat, heck yes.  At first I was wondering why God didn’t just kill him or defeat him early on, but losing the reputation he had wanted so badly, because of a gnat, did more damage than just killing him would have.  Awesome.


I had already read a storytelling revolved around this story.  I like the storytelling better! This version was way more tragic.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment