Thursday, January 29, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Ovid's Metamorphoses (Books 1-4)



How did the guy in the row boat survive? I feel like waves of such intensity would have taken out a row boat easily.   I wasn’t expecting so many survivors.  I believe dying of starvation after surviving The Flood would be an awful way to go out.  Poor animals.  

“Believe me dear wife, if the sea had you, I would follow you, and the sea would have me too.” Though this is slightly morbid, I think it’s a really sweet thing for Deucalion to say. It would be tragic to be left alone in the world. I’m not sure I could blame him for giving in as well.  

If the Gods killed everything and everyone, I’m not sure I would be praying to them.  I’d probably be to angry and scared, versus thankful that I had survived.

Ahh! So this is where the story that we came from rocks is from.  Awesome!

I want to visit the Palace of the Sun! Dang! It sounds beautiful.  Apparently I need to start traveling east.

I love the physical features given to the seasons.  

I’m pretty sure if my father was, you know, the Sun and all, I would listen to him when he said I wouldn’t be able to do something.  Phaethon is too eager to prove the truth to his peers.


He is called, “brave,” in this section.  I don’t think it’s bravery, but hard-headedness and stupidity.  If he was intelligent, he would have listened to his fathers’ multi-paragraph warning.

The pathway sounds worse than Rainbow Road on Mario Cart.

I feel like the horses are thinking, “Let’s set fire to all the things!”  



Why the heck is Juno mad at Callisto for being raped by Jupiter? It’s not even close to being her fault.  You know, these gods and goddesses aren’t the brightest, or the most mature. Also, if I was angry enough to turn someone into an animal, I would probably make it something less terrifying than a bear. I would probably turn them into a sloth or something.

(Callisto, the Bear, not the Sloth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment