Thursday, January 15, 2015

Storybook Favorites

The first storybook I looked at the Ghostly Adventures Storybook.  It was pretty fun to read! It was set up as if you were actually on a ghost tour, and it took you to three different haunted locations.  Each different location was a new page where the “tour guide” gave a history of the haunted spot, and wrote what you would experience as if you were actually on the tour.  I enjoyed it, but I didn’t like that there wasn’t a ‘next button’.  I had to scroll back up to the top and click the next location, which made it seem less real and it wasn’t as easy to pretend like I was on the tour that way.  It was really enjoyable, though! I liked the page setup, with the white font and black background.  It really made the stories even more creepy!

The second storybook I looked at was Monsters or Misunderstood?.   I really loved this one! I was smiling the whole time I was reading it.  It is set up from the point of view of a guy sitting in on a psychiatric doctor’s day, who happens to specialize in monsters.  It took us through the story of Nessie, Yeti, Bigfoot, and Chupacabra.  This was extremely well written, and I was engrossed in the story.  This was my favorite read of the three! I definitely recommend it to anyone. It was almost too easy to become wrapped up in the monsters’ lives, and you truly begin to see them as misunderstood, except for Yeti.

The third storybook I looked at was called A Cat’s Tale.  I chose this one, because I love cats so much.  It was pretty fun to read! It just went through a few stories from a particular cat’s life.  I enjoyed it. I think the set up for the background was really awesome as well!


Image Information: Angry Cat
Source: Vi.suakize

1 comment:

  1. Hi heather,

    I haven't read any of these stories yet but you sparked my interest! The ghost story sounds pretty interesting. I like how you comment on there not being a next button, I pick up on little things like that too. Okay and that cat picture is hilarious! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete