Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Reading Diary B: Aesop's Fables (Jacobs)

Reading Diary B: Aesop’s Fables (Jacobs)

The Fox and the Crow.  I liked the advice the fox gave the crow after he tricked her, “Do not trust flatterers.”   I think that quote is extremely relevant to everyday life, especially in todays society.

The Crow and the Pitcher.  The moral of the story, “Little by little does the trick,” is an important thing to remember.  Especially with the everyday craziness of being in college, sometimes it can be daunting to look at a stack of homework or readings, but as long as you keep moving forward you will succeed.

The Swallow and the Other Birds.   I loved the moral, “Destroy the seed of evil, or it will grow up to your ruin.”  This is so important.  Too many people just sit around and watch as evil happens, doing nothing about it, because it does not affect them.  This is so unacceptable.  If all people listened to the moral, I believe the world would be a much better place.


The Ant and the Grasshopper.  I think you wrote the moral of this story as a hint to get ahead on my homework. ;) “It is best to prepare for the days of necessity.”

The Belly and the Members.  This tale amused me, mostly because I love the human body, so to think of each of the parts as having a mind of their own is funny and intriguing.

Hot and Cold.  I enjoyed this tale! And I think the illustration is pretty cool, too :)


The Shepherd’s Boy.  I’ve always heard this story, but I had never actually read it! The boy who cried wolf!

No comments:

Post a Comment