Monday, March 2, 2015

Writing Review Week

I think my greatest writing success has been The Ants’ Revenge.  I don’t write very well, but I’m proud of this story for this class.
I don’t really have a good strategy for figuring out a storytelling.  I typically just read the stories, and anytime I get an idea I write it down in my reading diary.  Whichever idea I like the most at the end of my readings, I write about.  I try to make a point of picking out small parts in a story that I can expand upon and make into it’s own story.  It’s worked fairly well so far.  
The feedback has been very nice!
My biggest challenges probably involve getting up to the right word count.  I HATE writing stories, so word count is difficult.  I typically make my stories short and sweet, and then go back and expand on them until I hit the right word count (which is probably why most of my endings are so abrupt).

Laughing Sheep.jpg
This is an image from my first Storytelling post, Clumsy Brian O’Lin.  I chose this image because it makes me giggle, and giggling is important.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the storytelling strategy. I usually have no idea what I'm doing until an idea pops into my head. It might be better this way though! If you have an idea that you like, it's easier to write about. Word count... My stories are either too short or too long. It's definitely difficult to find the sweet spot without taking away from the quality of your story. I hope that writing gets easier for you in the second half of the semester. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete