Monday, March 9, 2015

Reading Diary B: Eskimo Folk Tales

Reading Diary B: Eskimo Folk Tales

Papik, Who Killed His Wife’s Brother:  Gotta love the eskimo gossip.  Dang! Called out by his mom! That’s intense.  I don’t think I could lie to my momma.
Ohhh, the monster attacked him.  Justice is served.
Oof, the description of what the monster did to him is morbid.
I like the meaning of the story, though.  Any man who kills his fellow without good cause will be attacked by a monster.
Maybe I can write a story of how Papik killed his wife’s brother.

The Wife Who Lied: Why would you visit your own people if they ate people?? That sounds kind of sketchy to me.
Why does she want to make war against her husband’s tribe??
Damn.  They killed her dead, that’s for sure.  If you ever want your kids to be afraid of lying, tell them this story!

Atdlarneq, The Great Glutton: I don’t think it’s fair to call him a glutton when he was forced to eat with a threat of death if he didn’t.   
How has he not died from ingesting this much food?  Also, this sounds like the most intense eating contest ever.  Also also, they must be really well off to be able to feed this guy so much food, considering food wasn’t the most prevalent for eskimos.
This story has a weird ending, too. what.

Tungujuluk and Saunikoq: They were wizards?? That’s awesome! I don’t know which I’d rather be, a bear or a walrus. Hmmm.
Why didn’t he just kill him instead of holding back?
These stories are so different.  


Mostly, I LOVE the artwork. The stories are okay.







No comments:

Post a Comment