Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Reading Diary A: American Indian Fairy Tales

Reading Diary A: American Indian Fairy Tales

I wish I knew the secrets of the woods and fields.  That sounds amazing. “There was magic in almost everything.” I LOVE that so much.  I do hate the fact that boys get bows and weapons and girls get necklaces… I want a bow.
I love how this is the start of the stories.  This was a really creative way to start the series of stories.  

I love that the children are happy and they aren’t in danger, but where the heck are their parents? Though, I’m pretty sure that would be the best childhood ever. Just being able to run around in the fields and stuff.  Jealous. Honestly, I think this place is my personal heaven.  
Ohhhh, so they DO have parents.  Awesome! “...my brains were given to me to think with.”  I love that quote! Baha, I love that the coyote said they asked the wrong question.  The worm was the hero! That’s fantastic! It kind of reminds me of the tortoise and the hare story.


I like that all of the stories put the most emphasis on the outdoors.  I wish the world now was a little more like that. I love that she says it’s the heart of men that matters, not their looks.  How wise!

The Child of the Evening Star Cont.: This is seriously a beautiful story.  

The Child of the Evening Star Cont,. Again: Eating food to undo a spell sounds great! but maybe that’s because I’m really hungry right now…

The Child of the Evening Star End: This was a really beautiful story.  I liked it so much that I don’t even know what I would do make a storytelling from it. I don’t think I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment