Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: American Indian Folk Tales

Extra Reading Diary: American Indian Fairy Tales

How the Summer Came: I love how wise he is.  Iagoo knows everything! And he’s so patient, which is an awesome quality. I like how the stories are informative AND interesting. Another example of how important nature was to them.  He could change into an animal! So, is he actually human?  
How the Summer Came (cont.): That boy put a lot of trust into a talking squirrel.  I’m not sure I could have done the same. It’s weird to me that the squirrel knew he had to go through Manito’s boy to get what he wanted.  If there’s so little to eat how have squirrels been surviving so far? Surely they would have died out or adapted a new eating habit by then.  

How the Summer Came (end): It’s been a long time since I’ve read a story with a wolverine in it! and the fact that he’s the one that made the first dent is awesome! And he was the first to make it through the sky, whaaaat.  That was a sad ending!

The Fairy Bride: Evil fairies… how terrifying.  It sounds pretty typical that they play tricks, though.

The Fairy Bride (cont.): This story says that she went to the forest, and disappeared before a wedding she didn’t want to have.  But then she was seen as a fairy bride.  I will probably write my story over what happened in between, and how exactly she became a fairy bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment