Monday, February 9, 2015

Reading Diary A: Tales of a Parrot


Reading Diary A: Tales of a Parrot


Khojisteh and the Parrot: I think it’s kind of ridiculous how fast Khojisteh fell in love with another man while her husband, someone who she had loved strongly, was away.  Her husband did nothing wrong to her, he just left for business.  That sucks for him.  Also, oh my goodness is she violent.  She killed the bird like it was nothing.  How terrifying.

The Goldsmith, the Carpenter, the Taylor, and the Hermit:  It’s smart of the parrot to try and keep the wife there with stories.  However, how long do these stories last to keep her all night? goodness.  

I love that his stories have lessons overall.  The parrot seems smart enough to be able to escape and find a new home.  I’m pretty sure that’s what I would do.


The mice are very brave to pick food out of a lion’s teeth, even if he is old and decrepit.

I love that the cat doesn’t kill the mice, that way her job is always necessary to the lion.  Cats are awesome and obviously intelligent.  (Cats rule, dogs drool.)
Dang, the cat should have told the kitten to not kill the mice.  I think I’m going to write my storytelling over this!

Besheer and a Woman Named Chunder:   This woman is not bright.

Chunder is an awesome name.  I think I’m going to name my next cat Chunder.

I like the stories, but it’s getting kind of repetitive. All of the stories the parrot tells are practically the same story with the same lesson, but in a slightly different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment