Friday, February 13, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Ryder's Panchatantra

Extra Reading Diary: Ryder's Panchatantra

I love that the king actually cares about intelligence.  Far too often it seems like the main characters in stories are more concerned with bravery or bron versus intelligence.

I want to go to a six month program that makes me one of the most intelligent people on Earth. So jealous. Where can I find and memorize those five books?

Numskull and the Rabbit:
I love that the lion was defeated by his own reflection.

The poor turtle… I think it’s interesting that not only did he fall to his death, but he got eaten as well.  for extra effect I assume.

While reading this I couldn’t help but think of the scene in Finding Nemo where they get caught in the net.

The bird is almost as dumb as Numbskull if he thinks he can fight the ocean.  Also, if the girl bird was so sure her eggs would get eashed away, then why did she put them there anyways? I feel like they could have test trialed with pebbles or something.  

This story kind of reminded me of how bad the mental health system is in the world.  The elephant had spring fever, so is it really his fault that he killed the babies?  It was on accident after all, and he couldn’t have changed his spring fever even if he had wanted to. It’s sad, and I believe the elephant was misunderstood.


Oh my goodness.  I can’t believe they got the eggs back from the ocean.  Well then, maybe I’m worse than Numbskull for not believing it could happen in a work of fiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment