Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Reading Diary B: Chinese Fairy Tales

Reading Diary B: Chinese Fairy Tales

The Favorite of Fortune and a Child of Ill Luck: This story made me chuckle.  I don’t think waiting 18 years for happiness would be worth it, even if she had lived more than 8 days. 18 years is such a long time! She wasted the prime of her life waiting!  I am impressed that she stayed faithful for 18 years, though.  That is impressive.  

If the older children suspected, why wouldn’t they try and save their younger siblings?! What the heck!
What a weird ending.  How could you live happily to the end of your days with such an awful father? Seriously, he tried to kill them over goose eggs. These fairy tales are weird.

Why Dog and Cat are Enemies: I think it’s interesting that the dog is the one that came up with the plan.  Typically cats are the intelligent ones in stories and dogs are the followers.
Hahahha, the cat is awful and perfect.  I loved this story.  Cats rule, dogs drool.

I’m curious as to what eating a pear with “gusto” looks like…
The whole crowd laughed? That’s rude. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment