Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Reading Diary B - West African Folk Tales


Reading Diary B: West African Folk Tales

The Moon and the Stars: Another story about famine! Why didn’t it give any explaination to where Father Anansi had been the whole time? I feel like it’s an important part of the story, even if dragons aren’t involved.  I think it’s pretty funny that the spiders are being watched by a chicken.
It’s interesting that a ladder was made AND all of the cattle were killed and skinned in the same period of time..
If the God’s were nice enough to hold the latter, couldn’t they have just saved the prisoners in the first place?
I could write a story telling about whomever is holding the rope not expecting all of the prisoners to show up

The Leopard and the Ram: How sweet! They decided to live together! This won’t go well… especially considering they both decided to build it with only themselves in mind as a tenant.
If they live together, why are they being so distrusting towards each other? You would think they would be closer friends than they are.  
This was an interesting explanation for why the Ram stays home and a leopard lives in the woods.

King Chameleon and the Animals:   I think the fact that the chameleon one using his brain is a better quality of a ruler than speed is. I believe the chameleon would have made a better ruler than the others. Poor guy.


How Mushrooms First Grew:  I could write a story about the adventures of the Highway Robber Brothers before they decided to pay off their debts.  Also, I could explain why exactly they wanted to pay off their debts.  
The bird was going to sell it’s own children to pay off the evil deeds debt? what? How does that work??

This story was interesting.  I expected the debts to be forced back on the original brothers, but that wasn’t the case.  I could write a storytelling over it and end it the way I believe it should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment