Thursday, February 5, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Turkish Fairy Tales



Fear:  I think it’s sweet that the son went to go find fear.  Whether is was purely curiosity based, or to protect his mother, I still think it’s sweet.  

Haha, I think it is hilarious that the boy hit the corpse with a spoon, while all others are terrified of it.  Perhaps I should start carrying around a spoon so I’m not afraid, either.

This boy is insane for not feeling fear at all.  I am somewhat jealous, but I also think fear is a good feeling to have, to keep us from dangerous or peril situations.

I realized that his quest to find fear is more about his own curiosity than for his mother.

What the heck.  I think it’s funny that out of all of the things to be afraid of, the surprise of the bird coming out of his food bowl is what actually caused him to feel fear.  That was awesome.

The Wizard Dervish:   This story was kind of ridiculous.  I don’t understand what the point of telling the story was.  I wish it had more background information or details.  

The Crow-Peri: The king is a jerk! Just because he found the bird doesn’t mean he can find the ivy.  That’s kind of ridiculous.

Apparently forty is an important number.

The king is still awful.  The poor boy.

The Crow-Peri Continued: How does the crow know everything?  Also, the boy is going to steal a bird queen… that sounds kind of sketchy.

Okay, all of these stories are just weird.



No comments:

Post a Comment