Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Folklore of Laos

Extra Reading Diary: Folklore of Laos


A Child of the Woods: Why does she hate her own people so much? I wish she would explain.  Also, I feel like feeling anger is just a part of being an adolescent.  Hormones cause interesting things.   But it’s awesome that the animals protected her!

Why the Lip of the Elephant Droops: 12 daughters who they no longer loved or desired? oh my goodness! what?!
“The wild beasts molest not those who sleep fearlessly with them.” No wonder the princess in the first story wasn’t harmed at all.
I wonder why the cannibal just cursed elephants forever instead of killing that one and stealing the 12 maidens again.  Also, what happens after that? I must know more! or maybe I’ll write my own ending.

The Man in the Moon:   I hate the idea that the man in the moon is a whiney person.  People look up at the moon and admire it’s beauty (or at least I do) and thinking that the beautiful moon is actually a whiney, wishy-washy person is unsettling.

The Lovers’ Leap:  What a tragic and upsetting love story.  Gah, I think my heart broke a little reading that.

The Giants’ Mountain and the Temple: Wow, those people are awful.  I really like the ending quote, “If you ask aid from others, it is well to put your own heart into the work.”   I agree, if you’re going to make someone else go through the trouble of something for you, you better do all you can do as well, and not just take advantage of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment